Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tech Thingy #6: RSS and Newreaders


I went to the Bloglines website in hopes that it would be as user-friendly as most, but I was wrong.  Since the tutorial links were not working on Dr. Wilson's site, I navigated there in an effor to find a tutorial/help link, but I had no such luck.  So I then decided to try and figure it out on my own.  Once I learned how to add feeds, I was good to go.

My frustration came in trying to make my private page a public one.  I tried to follow the directions on Dr. Wilson's blog but those didn't work so I went to the help section on the Bloglines website.  Much to my surprise, I couldn't follow those either.  So all I have is a private page.  (Hope the link works when you try it! *smile*)  I did subscribe to the following feeds:
I like the fact that RSS and newsreaders allow you to place everything you are interested in in one place.  I could link this to my phone and be up-to-date at all times.  I would not, however, use this with my students because of the complexity of the site's navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment