Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tech Thingy #8: Wiki's



I love the idea of using Wiki's for educational purposes. 
When I read that wiki wiki is Hawaiian for the work quick, there was an old song, "Jam On It" from the early 19?? that came to mind.  After about one minute of the song, the phrase "wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki" was used within it.  Now, everything starts to make sense.  I am always amazed at how we use terms as children but never really know what they mean.


Anyhow...I had heard and used Wikipedia before this.  What I didn't know was that teachers and librarians were using the concept.  I am thinking about using Wiki's as a collaborative tool in my classroom.  My students could create an informational page about 7th grade science, revise, update and upload information.  The only problem I foresee is have the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment