Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tech Thing #7: Image Generators

The first site I visited was Wordle.  I had fun playing with the different designs found on this site.  Here is the one I created:
Wordle: living systems

I'm not sure why the image is so fuzzy since I copied and pasted the HTML code into my blog.

This tool is very easy to use and requires not registration so students should feel very comfortable manipulating is use.  I would use this site to have the students create a brainstorming/review cloud of words as the culminating activity of a unit or when studying for a test.  Students would have to come up with the vocabulary to include in their masterpiece.  This should force them to think of all the activities that have been taught.

After Wordle, I visited Animoto.  This site is a great alternative to Windows MovieMaker. What I like about Animoto is that it is housed online.  I had my students create multimedia movies as an end-of-the-year project last year and ran into the problem of where to save all the info.  Students had to either create a Skydrive account or use a flash drive.  All of this made it difficult for many students to retain their work.  I think we'll try Animoto this year!

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking. I found that when I clicked on your woordle I could see it clear as a bell. Nice exploring.

    ReplyDelete