Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tech Thingy #9: Play with Wiki's


Creating an entry on the Technology Popper Wiki was an extremely easy task. All I had to do was click edit and type away.  I had a bit of trouble with adding the link but figuring out what to do was not a time consuming task.  When the first try didn't work, I simply tried the next tab.

I could use a wiki in my professional life as a daily log of activities and assignments for students and parents.  Communication between home and school becomes a problem in middle school, but with a wiki space, parents could have the information they need right at their fingertips.

Personally, I might use a wiki space to journal different topics that interest me.  Being a science teacher tends to lend itself to having a curious nature.  With a wiki, I could post findings and have others login to add information as needed.

By the way...I just HAD to revisit Thing #7 to create a Voki!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you went back to create the Voki! It is a lot fun! I love how easy it is to use a wiki, and I think your idea of using it as a daily log of activities and assignments is a great idea. Students and parents could write comments and questions, while the teacher can edit and add new information everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have lots of fun creating her. I spent the most time on her image.

    ReplyDelete